WESTERN WASHINGTON WHIPPET ASSOCIATION
Minutes of the Board Meeting – Jan. 25th, 2012 – Southcenter
Attendees: Jeanette Dorsey, Janis Castle, Mary Downing, Beth Levine, Peggy Hewes
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by president Jeanette Dorsey.
Discussion of the club holding AKC lure coursing and CAT tests. Need to look for new fields for such events.
- Card Lady, Mary Downing,
- Ways ‘n Means, Janis Castle and Peggy Hewes, under consideration
- Performance, Swepstons
- Picnic/Xmas party, under consideration
- Property, Swepstons
- Show, Jan Leikam
- Website, Beth
- Historian, Shirley K.
- Membership, Susie Manthou
- Education, Peggy Hewes
Discussion of club event dates for the year and holding meetings in conjunction with these events. Both Board meetings and general meetings will be held.
- March 18th, Board/General Meeting, Annual Awards dinner, Woodinville, WA
- March 24/25, Race meets, Roy
- April 14/15, ASFA trials, Roy
- May 23 – Board/General Meeting, TBA
- May 26-28 – Versatility weekend
- July 14th – Board/General Meeting, picnic
- September 29/30 – Race meets, Roy
- October 13/14 – ASFA trials, Roy
- October 17 – 3rd Wednesday, Board/General meeting, nominations from the floor
- December 2 – Board/General meeting, Xmas party in Bothell, voting
Discussion about using Skype for meetings, need more information
Financial report presented by Janis. Signatures will be added and an audit undertaken. A sub committee of Beth Levine, Jeanette Dorsey, Susie Manthou and Shirely Konizeski will convene to set up our IRS status and tax ID info.
Oct-Dec 2011 Treasurer's Report (24.0 KiB, 92 hits)
The constitution and standing rules need a review this year as well.
Meeting adjourned at 8:18 p.m.
General meeting convened at 8:19 p.m.
Discussion of expenses for 2011 presented by Janis Castle. End of year balance is $8506.84.
Discussion regarding IRS status, our bank acct, check signers and possible change of bank.
- Show: presented and accepted
- Performance: not present
- Card Lady: $15./yr, presented and accepted
- Annual Awards: $300. Presented and accepted
- Website: $200. Presented and accepted
- Treasurer’s budget of $150/for printing, etc, presented and accepted
Old Business: There being no old business or good of the order, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
-Submitted by Mary Downing, WWWA Secretary