2015 Northwest Versatility Weekend
The 14th annual Northwest Versatility Weekend, hosted by WWWA, will be held at the Tacoma Polo Club field in Roy, WA over Memorial Day weekend, May 23-25, 2015.
This event is a showcase of the versatility of our wonderful whippets and the other sighthound breeds, and there will be something for everyone!
- Saturday is straight racing - NAWRA for whippets and LGRA for other breeds. We are also offering Sprinter Racing SATURDAY ONLY for NAWRA ineligible whippets - DQs OK, no measuring, no registration requirement.
- Sunday is all-breed NOTRA oval racing, followed by a conformation match. We'll have a special class just for Versatility entrants, but also classes for young puppies, adults and veterans, so bring out your youngsters for training and your oldsters to revel in the fun. ILPs and spayed/neutered hounds welcome! The match judge is TBA.
- Monday is ASFA lure coursing, with judges Mary Ellen Chaffin of Renton, WA and Mike Savage of Spokane, WA. At the end of the day on Monday, Versatility awards will be conferred to the top ranked hound in each breed who completes all four events.
- Other fun stuff: potluck lunches with prizes for best dish, vendors, and practice opportunities on Saturday and Sunday as time, weather and volunteers permit.
We need volunteers to help with a wide variety of jobs. You don't have to be an expert to help out! We would love to help you learn the ropes, and there are plenty of non-running-related duties to help with.
For all the details, please download the premium list.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][download id="89"]
For entries, we are doing something a little different this year! You may use this online form to enter a dog in any or all of the events. You will love how easy it is to enter a dog, and your event secretaries will really love you for making their jobs a lot easier!
IMPORTANT: because of ASFA rules, after you submit this form, there are additional steps you must complete before your ASFA entry is officially submitted. You will be contacted by the field secretary with more information and you must complete the additional steps by the early entry deadline in order to qualify for early entry fees. If you are only entering the match and/or race meets, there are no additional steps required.
Entry Fees and Payment
- First hound, $12
- Each additional hound, $10
- Kennel fee (4 or more hounds), $35
- Puppies, $8
- Sprinters, $5
- Day-of, $15 each hound
- First hound, $20
- Second hound, $18
- Each additional hound, $16
- Day-of, $25 each hound
- $5 each hound
To pay your entry fees electronically, login to your paypal account and select the option to send money to family and friends. Calculate your entry fees and send the total to email@example.com.
You may also mail a check payable to WWWA to Beth Levine, PO Box 458, Sultan, WA 98294-0458
For all the events except for the ASFA, you may also enter online by the early entry deadline and pay the early entry prices the day of the event. For the ASFA, your fees must have been received by the early entry deadline in order to get the early entry price.
Direct any questions to Beth Levine at firstname.lastname@example.org.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]